Successful implementation of your Outbrain pixel is a crucial factor for the success of your campaigns, as it ensures proper conversion tracking.
To help guide you through the setup process, you can find instructions on how to implement the Outbrain pixel if you’re using Wix as your website provider.
Please note: The guide below refers to the URL-Based pixel implementation. If you’re looking for instructions on how to implement event-based conversions, please refer to this article.
How to implement the Outbrain pixel in Wix:
*Keep in mind: Custom codes in Wix cannot be embedded on a website running on a free tier plan.
- Navigate to the “Conversions” tab in the Amplify dashboard, click “Install pixel” on the top right-hand corner, and copy the code to your clipboard. If you have any trouble finding this, refer to our Conversions setup guide here.
- Log in to your website with your credentials.
- In your site’s dashboard panel, navigate to “Settings”.
- In the “Advanced” section, click the “Custom Code” tab.
- Click “+ Add Custom Code” at the top right.
- Name the code. We recommend to use a name that will be easily recognisable, e.g. “Outbrain pixel”.
- Under the “Add Code to Pages“, select “All pages“. This will ensure the pixel is added to each page of your website and enable you to create custom audiences and track conversions for any action taken by the users (e.g. add to cart or thank you page).
- Under “Place Code in”, choose “Head”.
- Paste the pixel code copied to your clipboard from the Amplify dashboard.
- Click “Apply” and you’re all set!
To make sure the pixel is implemented as expected, test the implementation using our pixel tracker extension, and make sure it reads as “Active” back in your Conversions tab.