- Landing Page Specifications
- Headline Specifications
- Image Specifications
- Campaign Review Process
- Content Review Process
- Additional Rejection Reasons
When starting out on Outbrain it is important to note that there are several content guideline policies that need to be honored in order to get your content approved. While we have many policies specific for what types of content are allowed to run on the platform (found HERE), the below policies are relevant to all advertisers on our platform, and need to be considered no matter the content you are promoting.
If you are promoting new content on the Outbrain Platform, please run through the below questions to make sure they are compliant before submitting it.
Landing Page Specifications:
- Do you have a “Contact Us” section clickable on your Landing Page?
- Does it contain a valid Email, Physical Address, or Phone number?
- Are your Social Media or Brand Partner icons (As seen on Dr. OZ, Fox News, MSN, etc) click through-able to relevant pages?
- If your landing page is an advertisement, do you have clear advertorial disclosure at the top of your page?
- Is your landing page fully functional, with clickable links to completed pages?
- Is there a video on the direct landing page? If so, can you play, pause, adjust volume, and see the length of the video?
- Do you have all the required health and financial disclaimers at the footer of your landing page?
- Is your headline grammatically correct, with proper punctuation?
- Do you follow a standard capitalization format, with no non-acronym words fully capitalized? (IE no FREE, SALE, CLICK)?
- Does your headline match the content on your landing page (i.e. not misleading)? Is it too sensational/overpromising?
- Is your image clearly identifiable for what it is and relevant to your landing page?
- Is your image not low quality or pixelated?
- Is your image not photoshopped or graphically modified?
While the above questions do not cover all our content guidelines, they are the most common reasons normally compliant content gets rejected. Ensuring they are all addressed for your campaigns will avoid unnecessary delays and frustration. For our complete content guidelines, please read them here.
If your content was already rejected for any of the above reasons, please make any necessary changes and resubmit your content for review. A guide for modifying or resubmitting content can be found here.
Campaign Review Process:
Once you create a campaign, the campaign status will be set to “inactive – not delivering”, which just means it is in our queue to review. If you look at the content within the campaign, it will be shown as “content pending.” To learn more about our campaign review process and your campaign status, please visit this Help Center article.
Content Review Process:
We aim to review all content within 1 business day (Monday-Friday) from submission. However, it may take up to 3 days as some content may take longer if the content you submitted requires a more detailed review. If the content gets rejected you will get an email with the reasons. If the reasons are not clear, check our Content Guidelines. If it is still not clear, feel free to respond to the email requesting more details (we’ll get back to you within 1-3 business days). Once the content has been fixed, you can resubmit it by selecting the edited ads, using the “actions” drop-down menu, and choosing “resubmit.”
Additional Rejection Reasons:
- Your content did not meet the content requirements for our network, please revisit the above
- Our crawler was not able to access your page. Please make sure our servers have access to it. Please refer HERE for more information.
- The page language does not match the browser language. In this case, we advise you to put the actual URL with the right language to avoid this.