In order to track mobile app engagement on your Outbrain campaigns using Singular, please use the following step-by-step guide:
1. Generate your Singular ad URL following the below steps:
- Within Singular, go to Attribution > Partner Configuration
- Type “Outbrain” into the Search Partners text box
- Select your app
- Go to Attribution > Create Link
- Select your app, site, and destination URL
2. Share the events you would like to track after postback URLs have been created.
- Under the Event Name column within Singular, you will need to input the event names as they are labeled within the Amplify dashboard. For example, if you call an event “Listing” within Amplify, it must also be added as “Listing” within the Event Name section in Singular.
3. You or your designated Outbrain Account Manager will need to create the conversion events in the Amplify dashboard. Remember to also create an “Install” event.
Once the events have been created in Amplify, they also must be added under the Event Name column within Singular. The naming conventions must be consistent across both platforms. Please note, this step is very important, as Outbrain will only be able to receive correct postback data for conversions if this mapping is done correctly.
4. Campaign is created by you or your designated Outbrain Account Manager based on the Singular ad URL.
5. In the case you’d like to direct users to a landing page, the landing page URL can be defined using the Link Management tool within Singular.