Bring motion to the feed of the open web, amplifying your strategy with an animated ad experience designed to achieve lower-funnel, performance KPIs with short-form animated assets such as GIF & mp4 files. With Clip, you can easily animate your products and services ads across Outbrain’s extensive network of premium publishers — capturing consumers’ attention with an engaging, animated ad experience.
Clip supports up to 10 seconds clips and plays in loop (3 times) by default, or a single time upon marketer’s choice. If your file is longer than 10 seconds, we automatically shorten it by identifying the most engaging part of it!
It’s as simple as selecting the new “Clip” creative format option when creating a campaign.
How to Set up a Clip Campaign
Just as you set up any other campaign, start by selecting “Add Campaign” in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on “Add Campaign”
- Select your campaign objective.
- For a full explanation of campaign objectives and how they work, visit this Help Center article.
- Once you’ve selected your campaign objective, you’ll be prompted to select your creative format, either “Standard”, “Clip”, “Carousel” (or “App Install” if you selected “App Install” as your campaign objective).
- Select “Clip”.
- Next, enter your desired CPC. Please note that there’s no minimum CPC for Clip campaigns, although we recommend starting with a higher CPC than your regular campaigns to ensure you get enough impressions.
- You’ll then be prompted to enter your budget and all other corresponding campaign targeting options, in the same way you do for standard Amplify campaigns. If you need a refresher on setting up a campaign, you can visit the Campaign Set-up Help Center article.
- When you’ve completed each step of the campaign set up, click “Next: Content” to build your Clip ad.
- Once on the Content Creation screen, you can create your Clip campaign in the same way that you create standard Amplify content: enter the URL, site name, title, and GIF or MP4 file you would like to use.
- Depending on your GIF or MP4 file size, upload may take up to a minute.
- After uploading your GIF or MP4 file, choose the behaviour of your Clip campaign. By default, Clip plays in loop 3 times. You can also choose to play it once only.
- You can also add a CTA button using the predefined list of options in the dropdown. Although optional, we strongly recommend selecting one of the available CTA buttons as this will also be displayed on your ad as an end frame, when the ad stops playing. CTA buttons are supported in 10 languages! Including: English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish.
- The creative specifications for Clip are consistent with standard Amplify specifications:
- Supported formats: GIF & MP4.
- Recommended ratio: 3:2. If the ratio is different or doesn’t match the widget size, a blurred padding will be added.
- Maximum file size: 30MB.
- Length: Clip can run for 10 seconds maximum. In case the uploaded GIF/MP4 is longer than 10 seconds, we automatically shorten it by identifying the most engaging part of the MP4. You will have the opportunity to see a preview of the clip before submitting the ad on the right hand side of the screen.
- After you’ve completed all of the required fields and are happy with how your Clip ad appears in preview, you can click “Launch Campaign” in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Your Clip unit is now complete and ready for approval by our Content Team!
- Clip reporting includes the same stats as you’d normally review for your standard campaign content. Metrics such as spend, impressions, clicks, CTR, conversions, and more are all available for Clip campaigns. Please note that there’s no “video” related metrics available, such as completion, Cost-per-View, etc.
- Clip reports can be filtered, exported and scheduled.