Outbrain supports two payment methods available directly from the Amplify dashboard: Automatic billing (default option available to all users) and Prepayment Billing.
With automatic billing, we will charge your account based on the actual spend that was accrued (at round amounts) as your campaign spends.
For example, if your campaign spends $230 within a few minutes, you will be charged $200 right away. If the charge succeeds, you will be able to keep spending; in the case where the charge fails, we will immediately disable your account.
Automatic Billing payments can be made via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express).
How to set up Automatic Billing
Automatic billing is available to all Outbrain clients. You are able to Add the credit card details through the payments tab in the Amplify dashboard.
In the Payments tab, you can also check your account’s current balance, view previous invoices from the last 12 months and edit credit card details by clicking on the pencil icon.
1. While we’re working on expanding our financial footprint, we currently only accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express credit cards from the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
2. Outbrain charges all accounts that pay Credit Card a processing fee of 3% that will be charged on top of your media spend.
Supported currencies for self-serve accounts
Outbrain supports four different currencies for credit card payments:
- EU countries: EUR
- UK: GBP
- Brazil: BRL
- ROW: USD
Keep in mind the currency of your account is automatically determined by your account location. All accounts not in the EU, UK or Brazil, default to USD.
With prepayment billing, you are able to send us prepayment via credit card or direct debit payment methods before your campaign starts running.
Payment can be made via wire, ACH (only available in the US), or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express).
How to set up Prepayment Billing
To access the Prepayment billing option, please reach out to your dedicated account manager or our Customer Success team for assistance.
Once you’ve received access, you will be able to easily add new funds through the Payments Tab in the Amplify dashboard (as seen below).
The “Add Funds” button will open up a new tab, redirecting you to an online payment service, from which you can make a prepayment using your preferred payment method.
- There is a few days delay for payments executed via bank transfer (ACH). There’s no delay for Credit Card payments.
- We support both ACH (US) and SEPA (EU) bank transfer.
- Most of the currencies are supported for Credit Cards transactions. For bank transfers, we only support $ for ACH and € for SEPA.
- You will be automatically notified via email when your payment is executed, confirmed and/or rejected.
In case of any additional questions, please reach out to our Customer Success team for assistance.