Successful implementation of your Outbrain pixel is a crucial factor for the success of your campaigns, as it ensures proper conversion tracking.
To help guide you through the setup process, you can find instructions on how to implement the Outbrain pixel based on your website provider.
Please note: The guide below refers to the URL-Based pixel implementation. If you’re looking for instructions on how to implement event-based conversions, please refer to this article.
How to implement the Outbrain pixel on WordPress/Elementor:
The simplest method to integrate your Outbrain pixel on your WordPress or Elementor website without having to change your theme file is by using the WPCode plugin.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Navigate to the “Conversions” tab in the Amplify dashboard, click “Install pixel” on the top right-hand corner, and copy the code to your clipboard. If you have any trouble finding this, refer to our Conversions setup guide here.
- Open your WordPress site with the following ending – /wp-admin (example: http://my.website.com/wp-admin) – and log in with your credentials.
- In the Management panel on the left-hand side click on “Plugins”. In case you do not see the “Plugins” tab on your WordPress site, please reach out to your website development team.
- Select “Add new” and search for “WPCode” in the search tab on the top-right corner.
- Click on “Install now” and then “Activate”. For more detailed instructions on installing the plugin, click here.
- A new option will become available on the left panel – “Code Snippets”:
Click on it and then click on “Header & Footer”.
- Paste the Outbrain pixel script from your clipboard – the result should look like the screenshot below:
- Click “Save Changes” and you’re all set!
To make sure the pixel is implemented as expected, test the implementation using our pixel tracker extension, and make sure it reads as “Active” back in your Conversions tab.