Who knows your customer best? You do. That’s why we’ve given you tons of ways to identify your ideal audience segment and find the right users at the right time.
You can target your audience using:
We also offer advanced targeting options to really help you hone in on the desired audiences for your campaigns:
To start, open up your campaign settings using the pencil icon next to the campaign’s name.
Once you’ve created your audience segment, we recommend letting it reach a size of at least 30,000 users. Once this is all set, head back to your campaign settings menu and scroll down to the “Targeting” section. From here, you’ll be able to target your campaign to the custom audience segment that you made.
Using the “Include Audience Segments” field, select which audience segment to target.
You can also exclude audiences that you’ve created. If you built a Custom Audience of users who have, for example, bought your product, you can then exclude this group in order to target only those who haven’t yet made a purchase.
Location-Based Targeting (Geo Targeting)
You can also target your campaign based on country, state/region, U.S. DMA, or postal code. Simply type the name or postal code of the area(s) you wish to focus on to add the location to your campaign.
This will allow you to specify user IP locations. To import multiple locations at once, click “Import” and select an option from the drop-down. To add locations other than postal codes, click the “Other” option. Download the provided template, enter your specifications and click “Choose a CSV File” when you’re ready to upload them into the campaign.
You can select which device platforms to target – desktop, tablet, and/or mobile. We recommend creating separate campaigns for each platform, so that you can test which works best for your content. Also, keep in mind that you should start with a higher CPC for desktop than for mobile or tablet.
In addition to Platform/OS & Browser Targeting, you can also enable to following:
- WiFi Targeting: Serve specifically to mobile devices connected to WiFi. This enhanced targeting feature is useful when looking to reach mobile users with a high-speed connection. A few use-cases are as follows:
- Promoting an app or game
- Redirecting users to a “data-heavy” landing page
- A conversion that requires an online payment
Outbrain Extended Network: The Outbrain Extended Network expands your reach to access additional premium publisher sites beyond Outbrain’s direct placements through native SSP’s (supply-side platforms), without any additional effort.
- Adblock: Enables you to exclude users who have ad-blocking software installed. We do our best to ensure your content isn’t served to these users. However, when users target specific publisher sites, we are unable to detect an ad blocker, which may result in a small portion of traffic coming from these sources.
High Impact: These units are 100% brand-exclusive units. To learn more about High Impact placements, please visit This Help Center article!
Important to Note
- Adding too many audience targeting features may restrict the reach of your campaign and lead to poor performance. If you are having trouble reaching your daily budget, try removing some of your audience targeting.
- When using any targeting options, always keep an eye on the Potential Reach estimator to ensure that your campaign reaches enough audiences
Any questions? We’re here to help.