- Landing Page Specifications
- Headline Specifications
- Image Specifications
- Campaign Review Process
- Content Review Process
- Additional Rejection Reasons
When starting out on Outbrain, it is important to note that there are several content guideline policies that must be followed in order to receive content approval. While we have many specific policies regarding what types of content are permitted to run on the platform (found here), the below policies are relevant to all advertisers on our platform, and must be universally considered regardless of the type of content you are promoting.
If you are promoting new content with Outbrain, please run through the below guidelines to ensure compliance before submitting for approval.
Landing Page Specifications:
- You have a clickable “Contact Us” section on your landing page, and it contains a valid email, physical address, or phone number.
- Your Social Media or Brand Partner icons (As seen on Dr. OZ, Fox News, MSN, etc) click through to relevant landing pages.
- If your landing page is an advertisement, you have clear advertorial disclosure at the top of your page.
- Your landing page is fully functional with clickable links to completed pages.
- If there is a vide on the landing page, a viewer can press play, pause, adjust volume, and see the length of the video.
- You have all the required required health and financial disclaimers at the footer of your landing page.
- Your headline is grammatically correct, including proper punctuation.
- Follow a standard capitalization format, where only acronyms can be fully capitalized. For example, your headline cannot include fully capitalized non-acronyms such as FREE, SALE, or CLICK.
- Your headline matches the content on your landing page and is not misleading. If it appears too sensational or overpromises on something, consider revising it to be less extreme.
- Your image should be clearly identifiable for what it is and relevant to your landing page.
- Your image should be good quality without pixelation.
- Your image should not be heavily photoshopped or graphically modified.
While the above guidelines for Landing Page, Headline, and Image are not entirely comprehensive of all our content standards, they are the most common reasons that normally compliant content gets rejected. Running through the above checklist prior to submitting content for approval will help to avoid unnecessary delays and frustration. You can find our complete content guidelines here.
If your content was already rejected for any of the above reasons, please make any necessary changes and resubmit your content for review. A guide for modifying or resubmitting content can be found here.
Campaign Review Process:
Once you create a campaign, the campaign status will be set to “Inactive – Not Delivering,” which means it is in our queue to review. If you look at the content within the campaign, it will be shown as “Content Pending.” To learn more about our campaign review process and your campaign status, please visit our designated Help Center article.
Content Review Process:
We aim to review all content within 1 business day (Monday-Friday) from submission. However, it may take up to 3 days, as some longer content requires a more thorough review. If the content gets rejected, you will get an email outlining our reasoning. If the reasons are not clear, check out our Content Guidelines for further background. If you are still seeking additional clarification, feel free to respond to the email requesting more details (we’ll get back to you within 1-3 business days). Once the content has been revised to address the reasons for rejection, you can resubmit it by selecting the edited ads, using the “Actions” drop-down menu, and choosing “Resubmit.”
Additional Rejection Reasons:
- Your content did not meet the content requirements for our network. Please revisit our guidelines for more information.
- Our crawler was not able to access your page; please make sure our servers have access to it. Check out this Help Center article for more information on invalid URLs.
- The page language does not match the browser language. In this case, we suggest you put the actual URL with the correct language to avoid this.