Affiliate marketing is on a growth trajectory, with no signs of slowing down. In the US, affiliate marketing spend is expected to hit $8.2 billion this year, up from $5.4 billion just 5 years ago. In the UK, we’re talking nearly £630 million invested in affiliate marketing in 2020, and in Japan, affiliate spend is predicted to grow to nearly ¥500 billion by 2024, up from ¥300 billion in 2019.
With all that growth, the needs of affiliate marketers worldwide are also increasing: tools, support, insights and platforms that can help them gain a piece of the almighty revenue pie.
That’s where the Outbrain Affiliate Hub comes into the picture. We’ve put together a dedicated team of performance specialists to help affiliate marketers like you leverage the potential of native advertising and scale on the Outbrain platform. The team is made up of people who have actually worked in the affiliate and performance marketing industry, and have gotten their hands dirty with the day-to-day tasks of campaign management and optimization. So they understand the mindset and have the secrets to help you scale and maximize profitability on Outbrain.
Here’s 10 fun facts you probably didn’t know about the Outbrain Affiliate Hub, but you’ll be glad you did (psst, scroll to the bottom to find out how to get in touch):
- Succeeding in affiliate marketing takes loads of practice and skill, so it’s great to know that the Affiliate hub has cumulative experience of 50+ years between them.
- The team operates worldwide, but each affiliate expert specializes in a specific region. Nine team members work in the US, while 3 work on the UK and Northern Europe, including Benelux and the Nordics, and Central Europe. We also have 4 experts working on Southern Europe, including France, Italy and Spain. Three team members are focusing on Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. On top of the main hub, we also offer support from the growth team.
- Although it’s hard to pin down a precise number, the team has run over 100,000 affiliate campaigns! Plus, one member recalls how they managed over 1 billion impressions on a single native ad for one very happy affiliate buyer.
- The hub works in over a dozen verticals, including Finance, E-commerce, Health, Insurance, Telco, CPG, Utilities, Travel, Mortgage, VAS and Apps, including gaming, news, e-comm and social casino apps, and even clinical trials.
- There are 8 languages spoken in the team, including Spanish, Chinese, Hebrew, Greek, Romanian, Basque, US English, British English, and…West Country English (Although he tries his best to cover up the accent!) Oh, and they all speak affiliate, of course. Plus, the Outbrain Affiliate team is highly accessible and easy to reach, frequently communicating using channels like Skype, Telegram, and Facebook to meet clients where they are.
- The hub has 11 members (but that’s changing; see #7!).
- The Outbrain Affiliate Hub is growing – fast! We’ve expanded 3X compared to last year.
- The most popular post on the Outbrain blog is all about affiliates. Check out our recommendations for the best affiliate programs – it’s the #1 most-read blog for three years running.
- Affiliate marketers love to network and mingle and so does the Outbrain team. In the year before COVID, they attended upwards of 15 affiliate conferences, including iFX EXPO, Affiliate World, Affiliate Summit, Sigma, IGB, TES Affiliate, PI Live, DMIEXPO, Mobile Summit, and more. Keep an eye out for us at the next big event.
- The best way to get in touch with the Outbrain Affiliate Hub? Click below, or look for us at the next affiliate conference!