25+ Inspirational Online Marketing Quotes
Data, data, data. Modern marketing is all about the numbers, whether it be CTR, LTV or the biggie – ROAS.
But every marketer (particularly those involved in the more creative side of the equation) knows there is a lot more going on than just dry analytics. Getting your marketing metrics in good shape demands something from you that can’t be quantified: inspiration.
(If you’re a content writer, check out these 5 tips on how to get inspired, just for you).
Like any job, inspiration doesn’t just happen. Sometimes it comes from hard work, sometimes it comes from taking a break…and sometimes it comes from reading inspirational digital marketing quotes. So we’ve gathered a bunch of feel-good quotes from past and current marketers, business leaders, brand icons and advertising gurus. We hope these help to kickstart your creativity.
- “Nobody reads advertising. People read what interests them, and sometimes it’s an ad.” Howard Gossage
- “Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time.” Henry Ford
- “The most powerful element in advertising is the truth.” William Bernbach
- “Never stop testing and your advertising will never stop improving.” David Ogilvy
- “At its heart, copywriting is about understanding how other people feel and showing them alternatives to the life they lead.” Andy Maslen
- “I have learned that it is far easier to write a speech about good advertising than it is to write a good ad.” Leo Burnett
- “The brands that will thrive in the coming years are the ones that have purpose beyond profit.” Richard Branson
- “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.” Jeff Bezos
- “Coca-Cola is the only business in the world where no matter which country or town or village you are in, if someone asks what do you do, and you say you work for Coca-Cola, you never have to answer the question, What is that?” Muhtar Kent
- “I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to build some kind of lifestyle brand that was preppy and cool.” Tommy Hilfiger
- “Build a lifestyle around your brand, and the audience will follow.” Eva Chen
- “When people use your brand name as a verb, that is remarkable.” Meg Whitman
Customer Engagement Quotes
- “All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.” Aristotle
- “Don’t find customers for your products. Find products for your customers.” Seth Godin
- “If you want to be interesting, be interested.” David Ogilvy
- “I am interested in entertaining people, in bringing pleasure, particularly laughter, to others, rather than being concerned with ‘expressing’ myself with obscure creative impressions.” Walt Disney
- “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” George Bernard Shaw
- “Make every interaction count, even the small ones. They are all relevant.” Shep Hyken
- “I am a storyteller. If I wanted to send a message, I would have written a sermon.” Philip Pullman
- “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” Warren Buffett
- “Give value. Give value. Give value. Then ask for business.” Gary Vaynerchuk
Motivational Quotes for Marketers
- “I’d like to dial it back 5% or 10% and try to have a vacation that’s not just email with a view.” Elon Musk
- “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” Albert Einstein
- “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” Dale Carnegie
- “Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.” Steve Jobs
- “It is better to solve one problem five different ways, than five problems one way.” George Polya
- “There will be fat years and there will be lean years, but it is going to rain.” Don Draper
On that positive note, from the words of the fictitious but legendary Mad Man Don Draper, here’s to plenty of rain for your marketing campaigns!